So, here is the first (of hopefully many) pictures for this project: the size of their hands. One is only 3 1/2 inches from wrist to fingertip! Since they are so small, I already had a little snag with sizing. I'm using new yarn and small needles, so getting the ribbing around the wrist an appropriate size took some extra care and patience. I'm sure I'll hit another bump or two (especially on the first mitten) but I'm really happy to get to experiment.
In other news; I finished yet another project. This one is a crochet octopus! He turned out so cute, and the specialty design includes feet on the arms and a beak in the middle.
I did use a variegated yarn for the feet. The underside of all of the feet have the stripe of variegated stitches.
Last, his eyes and his beak (in the middle of all of the arms on the bottom) I made purple. I prefer to do purple features, since it's my favorite color. It also shows up on almost any animal I make very well. I might consider the purple facial features on my animals a signature. It works very well with animals that have black faces, and gives them just a bit of extra personality.
More pictures of the octopus in yarnwork, and my first furniture piece in my furniture section! Enjoy!