The hat and mittens were in the red worsted weight that runs through the scarf so they all can be worn together. The hat was a really fun new pattern for me with a lot more of a lace pattern throughout. It turned out so cute, but was more difficult to learn than most of the other patterns I do. It was so great to have a challenge!
The coordinating mittens are in the same weave pattern that I have used in other pieces, and the long cuffs keep them a bit more trendy. She has such long fingers, that I planned for them to be an inch longer than mine with the same width that I would normally use on my own hands. They fit perfectly!
In this picture, it's double wrapped, so it's nice and long enough to be worn a few different ways. The final detail, is that I made it a mobius version. It twists throughout the loop, so when twisted twice it sits flat, or it has a unique curl when worn once.
I paired two different blues for this yarn to give it some color variation. When I picked the colors I was unsure which to go with, so I went with her school colors.
These turned out to be such fun projects all around, and are definitely a favorite take on things I've made before. They turned out to be so much fun, and I love being able to work with projects that I've done before in a way that keeps me excited to make them! I love these so much!