While I've been working on these for a while, and I've mainly based these on the prototype I made at the end of last year, I also created a custom stitch pattern for these and adapted a color pattern for the fold over. I combined these with some of the double knit techniques that I learned last December.
I had to make sure on this pair that the section of the liner running up the ankle was long enough so the top portion of the fold over wouldn't drag on the ground. As with the other pair, I used a rib stitch across the top and up the ankle to get ample stretch and still provide stability to the foot.
I then replaced the needles with the stitch holders, and I moved back to the toes with knitting the outer sections of the base of the boots. I worked my way up the ankle, and tied the stitches into the liner. Then I double knit the tops together with two different stitch configurations. I had a few areas that I knit individually to make sure the fold over didn't cause any bunching.