Some nights, inspiration just hits. I had a "Lightening has just struck my brain!" type of moment, and I needed to run with it. Out of that mental fire came this little owl. I've made owls in the past, but was never quite satisfied with the end result.
I made a little, squat body, and I exaggerated the size of the head, which added to the emphasis on its facial features. The horned cap that sits on top of the head is really what made this pattern work. The rest of the features were added based on the colors in the variegated yarn that I chose for the body. The green trimmings tie together the head and the feet, while the variegated yarn was also used for the wings and tail. I questioned how to do the beak, so I based that off of the little hearts on my state coffee sleeves.
He turned out so cute! I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to work on these few custom pieces to really expand my thinking.