This little guy is one of my newer creations. I really wanted to experiment with a couple different things on this one. My main goal was to continue to work with color.
I really focused my background on creating a gradient that would feel out of focus with the main subject. I used a variety of color glazes to make this work with the gradation from brown to green. When my subject work was done, I added some additional glazing to make the reeds appear to fade out of focus.
The chameleon was the biggest challenge with this piece. I had to focus on creating a subject that had very little color variation, but a lot of texture. Capturing te texture of the skin is something I really struggled with, and I look forward to trying more with it in the future.