- When you’re having trouble staying awake, what are some things you do to make sure you don’t drift off to sleep?
Depending on where I am, I'll start knitting or Facebook and Twitter stalk people. Or I'll surf the web for new design inspiration. No matter how tired I am, I'm always up for that.
- What’s most likely to cause you a prolonged period of not enough sleep?
Work, and a busy schedule... I would call that my boring answer. Since I've switched jobs, my work schedule is far more stable, so that isn't as much of a problem. Now, it's squeezing in time with my husband or making sure things get done around the house. For some reason, I have a knack for cleaning and building furniture at night. I did make a deal at one point not to use power tools after 2am.
- When you’re going through a prolonged period of not enough sleep, what parts of your daily routine are likely to change, and how?
My eating habits get very strange. It's not that I eat more, just that I eat stranger foods. My tastes get spicier. When I'm sleep deprived, I love Chipotle (which I might just get for lunch tomorrow...), curry, and Gatorade.
I drink a lot of coffee, but I do that anyway.
- Who in your life seems regularly to have not enough sleep?
My sister. She's a very busy lady, has a long commute to work, and lives with a toddler in a house that echos a lot. Plus, she just moved and hasn't gotten a couch into her family room yet... So she's been missing out on couch naps.
- In what ways does your personality change when you go through a prolonged period of not enough sleep?
I mostly just get really cranky. I can get a little short with people, and road rage is more likely to occur.
So, this week, I've decided to do Sleep Deprivation! It's been a long week, and it has been a little on the rocky side. Sleep is always my friend, but I feel like he's a long lost friend who I need to see sometime soon.
Original Artwork and
Prints and Accessories