It has been far too long since I posted on here! I've definitely missed getting on here and sharing my creations. With that, I haven't stopped working, and I'm glad to start putting some things back on here again!
So, without further delay, here is my first project: my first pair of boots!
Here is the first boot, in its completion. Since it's a prototype, I've kept it pretty standard with a seed stitch exterior. With the impending winter looming down on us, these are double-layered with a cotton interior for comfort and warmth and acrylic exterior for added moisture resistance.
I'm using a lot of similar techniques to the double-layered mittens that I made last year. But these are distinctly different in the sole.
I started with a decent quality flip-flop. It's match had a great sole, but it's top had been chewed through by none other than my cat, so these became the perfect candidates for my first pair of boots.
I'm actually really glad these get to have a second life, because these have good arch support, and fit my feet very well.
I am excited to finish the second boot and to start adding more detail once I have the liner completed. I especially like the fold over section (which can flip up to cover more of the leg) and the button details.
I can't wait to take these out of the house for a test drive. I'll definitely try to post more of how these test run so I can hopefully continue to make more!